The Hydro DAF for Pre-Treatment & Tertiary Treatment Applications:
The Hydro Dissolved Air Flotation System is an effective way to remove biochemical oxygen demand (BOD), Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), total suspended solids (TSS) and fats, oils & greases (FOGs) from industrial wastewater effluent. The Hydro DAF is also an effective tertiary treatment system for final effluent polishing. Contaminants are removed using a dissolved air-in-water solution produced by injecting air under pressure into a recycle stream of clarified Dissolved Air Flotation effluent. Hydro International have a proven track record in the design and manufacture of DAFs at our facility based in Ireland. With hundreds of installations worldwide, we are leaders in DAF technology.
- More effective pre-treatment
- Low operating costs in power and maintenance
- Low maintenance requirements
- Energy efficient design
- Caters for wide range of loadings
- Considerable load reduction on downstream processes
- Robust Stainless Steel Construction
- Modular design, completely self-contained
- Stainless steel construction
- Totally enclosed for odour control
- Ready for piping and electrical connection on site (skid mounted options with pre-wired and pre- installed pipework available)
- Ease of operation through interactive HMI
- Low electric power requirement & operating cost
- High quality pumps, valves and electrical equipment used throughout
- Anti-clog air injection design, reducing maintenance and downtime
- Skid mounted pipe flocculator or flocculation tanks depending on site requirements
- Bottom scraper fitted to larger units
- Designed for easy access, cleaning & maintenance
- Self-cleans automatically
- ATEX rated designed upon request
- Negative pressure units supplied on request
- Hydro International selects suitable chemical configurations
- Optional SCADA remote-control & monitoring facility
- Training and technical support provided
- Provision of on-site test can be arranged
The Hydro DAF can be used as a stand-alone treatment solution in order to meet regulatory requirements for discharge e.g. to a public sewer. Fats, oils and greases (FOGs) may account for much of the effluent BOD and COD, their removal by the Hydro DAF can often achieve compliance.
In full scale biological treatment, the Hydro DAF can be used in a primary function to reduce total organic loading thereby expanding the treatment capacity of the downstream biological process.
In tertiary treatment applications the Hydro DAF is frequently used for final ‘polishing’ of effluent prior to discharge or for the treatment of water in advance of membrane processes.
- Voltage 50/60Hz – 400V 3Phase (local voltages and frequencies can be supplied upon request)
- Automatic Bottom Scraper and hoppers for removal of Settable Solids can be supplied
- Custom platforms and sludge holding facilities supplied upon request
- Customised units available for flow rates greater than 200m3/hr
- The company reserves the right to make alterations in the interest of Technical Developments
Options: With over 25 years’ experience in the industrial wastewater business, Hydro International understands each application will vary depending on customer needs. Hydro International can provide full turnkey design & build solutions with our DAF process including pre-screening, balancing, pumping, chemical conditioning, sludge dewatering & drying and biological treatment.
Hydro International strive to provide turnkey solutions in all elements of our works. Please contact us for further information on our turnkey Design & Build Services.