Hydro Step Screen
Efficient screening is necessary to protect downstream components of wastewater treatment systems, Hydro Step Screens provide a robust fine screening solution for all applications. With units to serve flows up to 12,000 m³/hour and apertures of 1m to 6mm Hydro will assess client’s requirements on an individual basis to determine the best solution. Our fine screens are suitable for above ground or below ground installation and screenings can be discharged into a compaction system allowing for a reduction in waste from site and associated reduction in disposal costs.
Fabricated from 304 Stainless Steel as standard (316 available on request), the Hydro Step Screen efficiently captures solids, inorganic and floating particles from incoming effluent. The step screen concept is simple comprising one fixed, stepped grid and one moving stepped grid. The moving grid transports screenings up the screen using the fixed grid in a ‘stepping’ action. As a result of 25 years’ of experience and a robust design the Hydro Step Screen is very low maintenance, self-cleaning and anti-blocking which adds value for our clients.
Key components of the step screen are noted below:
- Durable fabrication material, 304L as a standard with 316L available upon request Motor and bearings above the water level, giving ease of maintenance for operations personnel
- Suitable for installation within concrete channel or in bespoke stainless steel channel (for above ground installations)
- Fabricated in a Quality Controlled Environment
- Fully Automatic design
Benefits of the Hydro Step Screen
- Suitable for a broad range of flow rates, up to 12,000 m³/hour
- DfMA benefits including off-site fabrication, quality control & fast delivery.
- Stainless Steel 304 fabrication, durable for most screening applications
- Tried and tested design with over 200 installations in Ireland, UK, Europe and USA
- Low maintenance and anti-blocking design
- Low energy consumption
- Self-cleaning design with no washwater requirement.
- Low noise emissions
- No vibration
- Low odour (enclosed System)
- Dairy Industry
- Meat Processing Industry
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Breweries & Distilleries
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Municipal Preliminary Treatment
Plant Package Solution
Plug and play WwTP Screenings system suitable for above ground applications where DfMA is preferred by the client. Hydro International can provide a bespoke channel to fit into an existing site to house the new step screen, adding value by incorporating the screening solution alongside existing assets. Furthermore Hydro can design and install the system at high level on a platform if required, which allows screened effluent gravitate to down stream processes. Hydro can also provide a local control panel and level measurement within the system to facilitate ease of installation and a modular solution for our clients.
The Hydro Step Screen is also suitable for below ground solutions such as existing or new concrete channels. The screen is designed with appropriate side baffles which can be fabricated to facilitate installation in existing channels.
Hydro International strive to provide turnkey solutions in all elements of our works. Please contact us for further information on our turnkey Design & Build Services.
Contact Hydro International Today
Please contact us with any queries or questions.