Fabricated from 304 Stainless Steel as standard (316 available on request), the Hydro Step Screen efficiently captures solids, inorganic and floating particles from incoming effluent. The step screen concept is simple comprising one fixed, stepped grid and one moving stepped grid. The moving grid transports screenings up the screen using the fixed grid in a ‘stepping’ action. As a result of 25 years’ of experience and a robust design the Hydro Step Screen is very low maintenance, self-cleaning and anti-blocking which adds value for our clients.
Key components of the step screen are noted below:
- Durable fabrication material, 304L as a standard with 316L available upon request Motor and bearings above the water level, giving ease of maintenance for operations personnel
- Suitable for installation within concrete channel or in bespoke stainless steel channel (for above ground installations)
- Fabricated in a Quality Controlled Environment
- Fully Automatic design
Benefits of the Hydro Step Screen
- Suitable for a broad range of flow rates, up to 12,000 m³/hour
- DfMA benefits including off-site fabrication, quality control & fast delivery.
- Stainless Steel 304 fabrication, durable for most screening applications
- Tried and tested design with over 200 installations in Ireland, UK, Europe and USA
- Low maintenance and anti-blocking design
- Low energy consumption
- Self-cleaning design with no washwater requirement.
- Low noise emissions
- No vibration
- Low odour (enclosed System)
- Dairy Industry
- Meat Processing Industry
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Breweries & Distilleries
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Municipal Preliminary Treatment
Hydro International strive to provide turnkey solutions in all elements of our works. Please contact us for further information on our turnkey Design & Build Services.