Hydro International Ltd. acted as Designer, Main Contractor, Principle Designer & Principle Contractor, offering a turnkey design and build solution for the Karro Foods Primary Wastewater Treatment Works, including process design, MEICA design and installation, civil design and co-ordination, testing and commissioning and operation and maintenance.
The works undertaken by Hydro are outlined below:
- Inlet works – 2No. Drum Screens for raw effluent and truck wash with Screenings Compactor followed by Pump Sump to the New Balance Tank.
- New Balance Tank GLS (2,000 m3) equipped with GRP roof for odour containment.
- New Hydro DAF package (100 m3/hour).
- New Hydro Double Hydro 400 Screw Press and Cake Pump systems were installed
- New Chemical Dosage consisting of 2no. polymer preparation units and 30m3 Bunded Bulk coagulant storage tank were provided.
- Drum Screens, DAF & Sludge Screw Press housed in a bespoke double skin insulated building.
- DAF Sludge Tank GLS (200 m3) equipped with GRP roof for odour containment.
- New Bio-scrubber odour abatement system for Balance Tank, Sludge Tank & Building.
- New MCC with PLC and HMI and full remote access.
- Civil works for the construction of the associated items related to the upgrading works of WWTP such as main concrete apron slab, concrete repair works and underground services etc.